Issued at: 2023-10-14
Updated at: 2023-10-14
Important: kernel-rt security and bug fix update
The kernel-rt packages provide the Real Time Linux Kernel, which enables fine-tuning for systems with extremely high determinism requirements.
* kernel: use-after-free in l2cap_connect and l2cap_le_connect_req in net/bluetooth/l2cap_core.c (CVE-2022-42896)
* kernel: tcindex: use-after-free vulnerability in traffic control index filter allows privilege escalation (CVE-2023-1281)
* kernel: Use-after-free vulnerability in the Linux Kernel traffic control index filter (CVE-2023-1829)
* kernel: use-after-free vulnerability in the perf_group_detach function of the Linux Kernel Performance Events (CVE-2023-2235)
* kernel: OOB access in the Linux kernel's XFS subsystem (CVE-2023-2124)
* kernel: i2c: out-of-bounds write in xgene_slimpro_i2c_xfer() (CVE-2023-2194)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
* Addding the building of i915 driver to 8.8 (BZ#2208276)
* kernel-rt: update RT source tree to the Rocky Linux-8.8.z2 source tree (BZ#2215026)