Issued at: 2023-10-24
Updated at: 2023-10-24
Moderate: java-11-openjdk security and bug fix update
The java-11-openjdk packages provide the OpenJDK 11 Java Runtime Environment and the OpenJDK 11 Java Software Development Kit.
* OpenJDK: certificate path validation issue during client authentication (8309966) (CVE-2023-22081)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
* Additional validity checks in the handling of Zip64 files, JDK-8302483, were introduced in the 11.0.20 release of OpenJDK, causing the use of some valid zip files to now fail with an error. This release, 126.96.36.199, allows for zero-length headers and additional padding produced by some Zip64 creation tools. With both releases, the checks can be disabled using -Djdk.util.zip.disableZip64ExtraFieldValidation=true. (RHBZ#2237170)
* A maximum signature file size property, jdk.jar.maxSignatureFileSize, was introduced in the 11.0.20 release of OpenJDK by JDK-8300596, with a default of 8 MB. This default proved to be too small for some JAR files. This release, 188.8.131.52, increases it to 16 MB.
* The serviceability agent would print an exception when encountering null addresses while producing thread dumps. These null values are now handled appropriately. (JDK-8243210, Rocky Linux-2763)
* The /usr/bin/jfr alternative is now owned by the java-11-openjdk package (Rocky Linux-13559)
* The jcmd tool is now provided by the java-11-openjdk-headless package, rather than java-11-openjdk-devel, to make it more accessible (Rocky Linux-13566)